Sunday, October 13, 2019

ZeroMQ Presentation @ pyMNtos Meetup

I've always admired those that can present technical content in an informative, entertaining and well-presented style.  I've worked for some great managers and/or co-workers who have the presentation gene and it's a pleasure to watch them unfold a story about a technology.

Introverts by nature, engineers come in at a distinct disadvantage to becoming a proficient public speaker.  We spend many hours in the absence of human contact and often go out of our way to avoid it.  There are full days when I've spoken less than a couple dozen words and I'm convinced that speaking like a muscle needs practice and I've found over the past couple years that my proficiency in smooth speech has diminished and I'm more apt to stumble for wording so I was particularly nervous to throw my hat into the presenter ring.  But, for whatever reason, I wanted to give 'er a try and found a very accommodating audience in pyMNtos.  An extraordinary group and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in Python.



Check out the full video here:



No comments:

Post a Comment